Women's Services at Medical City Dallas
Medical City Dallas Women's Hospital provides a team of highly trained professionals who are uniquely equipped to handle the distinct medical needs of women in all stages of life. From gynecological care, family planning, labor and delivery, breast cancer treatment and menopause management to osteoporosis solutions, our compassionate team is here to answer your questions and provide you with the highest quality patient care.
Medical City Dallas provides the only labor and delivery program in North Texas where babies can receive the highest level of neonatal care (Level IV NICU) available to the community under one roof. Mothers can recover with the peace of mind knowing that the region's leading pediatric hospital, Medical City Children's Hospital, is located on the same campus with specialists who care for congenital heart defects, abdominal wall defects, craniofacial and neurological defects, as well various other congenital anomalies. Medical City Dallas Women's Hospital and Medical City Children's Hospital are singularly focused on providing comprehensive care for mothers and babies, with a continuum of care that supports infants and children into adulthood.
Services Offered at Medical City Women's Hospital Include:
- Family planning/infertility
- Labor and delivery
- Level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Pregnancy and high-risk pregnancy
- Menopause management
- Osteoporosis solutions
Medical City Women's Hospital
Dallas women at every stage of life have a hospital uniquely theirs — where excellence meets elegance and healthcare is personalized just for them. The new Medical City Women’s Hospital is the only North Texas hospital with both a full-service children’s hospital and adult hospital in the same location. To schedule a tour of the new facility, please see our classes and events calendar.
The $125 million Medical City Dallas Women's Hospital expansion added five floors to the top of Care Tower D and includes:
- 222 private and peaceful patient rooms
- 24 modern labor and delivery rooms
- 4 new C-section operating rooms
- 84 Level IV (highest level) neonatal intensive care unit rooms
- 12 spacious women's VIP suites
- 27 medical/surgical rooms
- 2 floors of physician offices for convenient access to specialists
Exceptional Maternal Care
- We were the first hospital in North Texas to be recognized as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in nursing care
- We offer a Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by board-certified neonatologists
- Gynecologists and obstetricians are on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide complete anesthesia care in Labor and Delivery
- The board-certified perinatologists at our Maternal Fetal Institute are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to consult on high-risk pregnancies
- We created the first North Texas donor site for Texas Cord Blood Bank
At Medical City Dallas, we are proud to partner with North Dallas Doula Associates (Winners of Best Childbirth Classes in Dallas 2017) to teach our childbirth and parent education classes. Our classes offer guidance to expectant moms and dads through the various physical and emotional experiences that accompany childbirth. Classes include Prepared Childbirth for first-time parents, Breastfeeding, Rocking Dads, Prenatal Yoga and more.
OB Emergency Department
The Medical City OBGYN Emergency Department (OBED) provides care for OBGYN emergency medical conditions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on an urgent basis without requiring a previously scheduled appointment. The OBED is always staffed by OB hospitalists to provide immediate care for a medical emergency or labor.