Advanced Orthopedic Care at Medical City Dallas
Medical City Dallas is the place for bone, muscle and joint care in North Texas. We have a comprehensive and nationally renowned team of physicians and orthopedic surgeons who are committed to providing the most advanced treatment and therapy for everything from fractures to total joint replacements. You can turn to our comprehensive team of orthopedic specialists to help you get moving again. We offer quality comprehensive orthopedic care in the areas of:
- Foot and ankle
- Hand and upper extremity
- Joint replacement of total hip, total knee, or partial knee
- Orthopedic oncology
- Sports medicine
- Spinal stenosis
- Lower back and neck pain
- Knee replacement
Accurate Alignment. Fewer Scars. Faster Recovery.
Medical City Dallas is committed to providing most advanced minimally invasive orthopedic surgery options for patients. Minimally invasive procedures offer an exciting alternative to conventional surgery. Our orthopedic surgeons use state-of-the-art technology that in many cases results in both shorter hospital stays and shorter recovery times which means you receive the best treatment possible and can delve back into the activities that matter most. These procedures have been proven to provide outcomes equal to those of conventional surgery and offer many significant benefits:
- Quicker recovery time: Your body can heal faster, thanks to the smaller incisions used for the surgery.
- Reduced pain: These procedures affect less of the tissue and muscle around the joint, so pain is often minimized.
- Improved accuracy in the joint alignment, helping to achieve better and faster range of motion.
- Less scarring: Smaller incisions leave behind smaller scars. In fact, most of our patients don’t even notice them after the incisions heal.
Getting You Ready for Joint Replacement Surgery
- Free pre-operative classes are available for all total hip replacement and knee replacement patients to learn about your surgery, hospital stay, and tour the unit where you will be admitted for your care. Classes are held three times a week, on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays on the Joint Restoration Unit, 6th floor E tower (6ES) at 11:00 a.m. A unique and patient friendly pre-operative process is available for you to complete all pre-operative requirements when you attend the class.
- For information about the Joint Restoration Institute, please call:
Joint Commission Certified Joint program – Comprehensive Center of Excellence
The Medical City Joint Restoration Institute, certified through the Joint Commission, offers a 12-bed unit for joint patients. We have highly skilled, Orthopedic Certified staff members caring for you 24/7. Our team also includes therapists, social workers, care coordinators, and others, all working to help you achieve your goals of renewed functional independence.
Taking Care of You After Your Orthopedic Surgery
Pain management is of utmost importance. At Medical City Dallas, we utilize a multi-model pain management approach to manage your pain after surgery. Our orthopedic and joint replacement program staff closely monitor your comfort levels while encouraging therapy to ensure a faster recovery.
Medical City Dallas also assists our doctors in monitoring and preventing complications such as deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a known complication of surgery, along with other possible post-surgery complications. We track and monitor various quality measures such as blood transfusion rate, length of stay, discharge destination to home versus other facilities. We use standardized order sets to help assist with each surgeon's plan for his or her patient. We value and depend on immediate feedback from patients in order to maintain the high standard of care that we know you expect from us.