Personalized Maternity Care at Medical City Dallas
We specialize in special deliveries ... yours!
Giving birth is perhaps the greatest of all human miracles. From the moment you discover you're pregnant, a dedicated team is ready to guide you on the journey as you bring your child into the world. All labor and delivery and antepartum nurses boast a long tenure and total commitment to giving you and your baby the best care available in North Texas.
Medical City Dallas was the first hospital in North Texas to be designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in nursing care. After delivery, our patient commitment continues with extensive education classes including breastfeeding and proper child safety techniques.
In addition to an unsurpassed level of care, Medical City offers:
- A state-of-the-art labor and delivery unit and newborn nursery
- A Level IV neonatal intensive care unit NICU
- A pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)
- A congenital heart surgery unit
- Neonatologists and pediatric anesthesiologists on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week—we're the only facility in the area with this advantage
- Many special amenities that make your stay more comfortable
Labor and Delivery Preadmission
In order to better care for you, anticipate your needs and facilitate the admission process to Labor and Delivery, we ask that you call (972) 566-2252 to make an appointment when you are around 26 weeks into your pregnancy.
Appointment hours are from Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 4:00pm. We are closed on holidays and weekends. Our office is located in Building D, 10th Floor, Suite 1030.
The Little Extras
In addition to putting your mind at ease, we strive to make you as comfortable as possible with an impressive list of you’ll appreciate during your stay:
- Spacious, private rooms and generous visiting hours make it easier to show off your new addition to family and guests.
- Each room has an entertainment center, free Internet access, a refrigerator and a spacious bathroom.
- Twelve luxury suites are available with amenities well beyond the “expected,” such as a shower and a full kitchenette with granite countertops.
- An infant security system, designed to protect your baby throughout your hospital stay, is provided.
- Our first-rate complimentary room service program, City Gourmet, allows patients to order delicious gourmet cuisine from an extensive menu whenever they are hungry. With entrées such as Italian beef tenderloin, grilled Caribbean salmon or “create-your-own” pasta and desserts like Key lime pie, Chocolate Thunder cake and fresh fruit cobblers, it’s a far cry from typical hospital fare.
Enjoy Your Stay
From spacious rooms to hotel-style room service, Medical City Dallas caters to women in North Texas.
Each room has an entertainment center, free wireless Internet access, a refrigerator and a spacious bathroom. Wood flooring and elegant Corian countertops adorn the rooms, as do built-in ledges to accommodate floral arrangements.
If your family is in need of more space, lavish, larger suites are available with special amenities including a separate family room, guest bed, shower and a full kitchenette with granite countertops.
Birth Certificate Forms
For assistance in completing your forms to obtain a birth certificate, call (972) 566-7352. The office is located on the 8th floor of Building A, North Tower.
The Lactation Department at Medical City consists of nine Board Certified Lactation Consultants. We offer inpatient and outpatient consultations, sale/rental of breast pumps and a "warm" line for telephone support. Inpatients are seen on a daily basis and outpatients by referral and appointment only.
Breast Pump Rental Station
Outpatient Lactation Clinic
It’s normal for parents to have questions once you leave the hospital. Safe sleep, for example, is important to establish safe and healthy sleep habits for your infant. That’s why we’ve have information sheets for you to take home—just ask your nurses or the physicians if clarification is needed before leaving the hospital.