Joint Restoration Institute at Medical City Dallas Hospital
From the moment you contact the Joint Restoration Institute at Medical City Dallas Hospital for advanced joint care treatment, you can count on receiving comprehensive care from our experienced medical staff.
Our multi-disciplinary destination center for joint care provides innovative, customized treatment using minimally invasive techniques and state-of-the-art technology such as computer-assisted navigation, MAKOplasty® total hip replacement, MAKOplasty® partial knee resurfacing and MAKOplasty® total knee replacement. The Joint Restoration Institute at Medical City Dallas Hospital provides a comprehensive approach to joint care resulting in faster recovery times and shorter hospital stays. Our support staff will be with you every step of the way during your joint care treatment and will see you through to recovery. Our program offers everything you need to help make your recovery as seamless as possible, including:
- Private rooms for patients
- Nurses and therapists trained specifically to work with joint patients
- Joint care coordinators who will guide you each step of the way, from pre-operative care to discharge planning
- Patient care assistants who partner with your nursing team to support your daily needs
- Physical and occupational therapists to guide you through daily activities and train you for home equipment use
- Case managers/social workers who guide you through your discharge planning needs
- Dedicated joint unit, complete with private patient rooms and a group therapy gym.
Our Multidisciplinary Joint Care Team:
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Orthopedic-focused physician assistants
- Orthopedic-certified registered nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Joint care coordinators
- Pharmacy staff
- Respiratory therapists
- Patient care assistants
- Case managers/social workers
Orthopedic Conditions Treated at The Joint Restoration Institute
- Osteoarthritis (OA)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Post-traumatic arthritis
- Avascular Necrosis
- Paget’s disease
The Joint Restoration Institute's Commitment to Excellence
We are continuously evaluating and measuring our performance to help ensure we provide the highest quality program possible, tailored to each and every patient. Our team meets regularly with a focus on maintaining clinical and service excellence in all aspects of your joint replacement experience.
We know you have a choice of where to go for your procedure. Our goal is to ensure your stay with us is as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We have planned a number of special activities to lift your spirits as you speed your way to a more active lifestyle.
There may come a time when your knee or hip pain reduces the quality of your life. Everyday activities, such as walking, shopping, or housework can become difficult or unbearable, taking part in favorite hobbies such as golf or bowling may be a thing of the past because conservative measures like diet, exercise and medications no longer provide pain relief. If this describes your situation, it may be time to consider joint replacement.
Dedicated Joint Program and Orthopedic Specialists
Within our hospital, we have created a special area just to care for knee and hip replacement patients. No hospital gowns for this crowd — you get to wear your own clothes! And family members are encouraged to participate in group activities, meals and other special events. Exercise and therapy is also provided in a group setting, so that our patients can support and encourage each other on the road to recovery. New friendships are made, enhancing the healing process.
Our staff is hand-picked for their positive attitudes, motivational skills, and their desire to provide outstanding service. In addition, they have been specially trained to provide comprehensive clinical care for patients undergoing this important surgery.
Patient Education at The Joint Restoration Institute
We believe the key to better outcomes is a commitment to provide you with a thorough understanding and knowledge of what to expect during your surgical experience. Knowing what to expect each step of the way goes a long way to reducing stress and anxiety and preparing your for as smooth a recovery as possible. The information you receive prior to your surgery includes:
- Engaging community outreach seminars
- An informative pre-op class for patients and family
- A patient guidebook
- Daily newsletters while in the hospital
- Educational displays answering the most frequently asked questions