Medical City Dallas Heart and Vascular Services
When it comes to the heart, we don’t miss a beat.
Thanks to our world-class facility, many patients are living longer, happier and healthier lives.
We Treat the Hearts of Texas
We know you’ve heard this tune before — that heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S. But it’s worth repeating, because while symptoms vary widely for men and women, most heart attack sufferers had no previous symptoms. So it’s crucial to know your personal risk factors and take steps to decrease them.
Pioneers in Beating Heart Surgeries
Our cardiologists are at the forefront of cardiovascular technology, leading medical breakthroughs through research and innovations in beating-heart aortic valve replacement surgery, world-class heart transplant program and a state-of-the-art vascular lab.
- Cardiac surgeons and interventional cardiologists at Medical City Dallas Hospital were the first in the United States to successfully perform a beating heart valve replacement surgery without opening the patient’s chest. Because of our experience in valvular heart disease, Medical City Dallas was selected by the FDA as an investigative site for an international trial evaluating the Edwards SAPIEN transcatheter aortic valve replacement procedure (TAVR). We are proud to be a part of HCA Healthcare, which performs three times more transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedures than any other health system. For more information, please visit the Dallas Valve Institute at Medical City.
- Medical City’s Heart Transplant Program has been recognized nationally and continues to be one of the most active heart transplant programs in the region. And no other area hospital features a more comprehensive cardiac catheterization lab treatment center. All administrative and clinical procedures are performed in one location, making the procedure easier on the patient and more efficient for the physician.
- Nationally recognized for design and operation, our Clinical Decision Unit (CDU) is a dedicated area where individuals who arrive at our Emergency Room with heart attack symptoms can be monitored by a specially trained cardiovascular staff. Medical City’s CDU has been emulated by other hospitals across the country.
Heart Treatment for Complex Heart Conditions at Medical City Dallas
Kendal Daniels, a 15-year-old soccer player, began experiencing increasingly frequent episodes of dizziness and rapid, irregular heartbeats. Concerned, her family took her to Medical City Dallas for evaluation with Dr. Bruce Bowers, an interventional cardiologist.
Kendal's doctors learned that she had a lethal heart condition called Ventricular Tachycardia, and she quickly underwent a radiofrequency ablation with Dr. Rajeev Joshi, a cardiac electrophysiologist at Medical City Dallas. She was also treated by Dr. Tracy Laird, a pediatric cardiologist at Medical City Children's Hospital. Since her minimally-invasive procedure, Kendal feels really good and can't wait to get back to soccer.
Kendal's lifesaving ventricular tachycardia treatment at Medical City Dallas
Effectiveness of MitraClip® therapy for severe degenerative mitral regurgitation (DMR)
Certain high-surgical-risk patients with severe degenerative mitral regurgitation (DMR) now have a minimally-invasive treatment option. MitraClip® therapy is a minimally-invasive transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVr) procedure that has been established as a proven option with demonstrated safety and clinically important improvements.
Used in more than 25,000 patients worldwide, MitraClip® is a well-established therapy. The MitraClip® device received CE Mark approval in Europe in 2008 and U.S. FDA approval in 2013, and has been approved for commercial use in 50 countries throughout the world.
For more information, please visit the Dallas Valve Institute at Medical City.
Medical City Vascular Center
We are a team of specialists with one top priority: our patients.
The vascular team at Medical City offers a truly multidisciplinary approach to vascular care. Our specialists work together to meet all of our patients’ needs for peripheral vascular disease, endovascular services, diabetes management, wound care and stroke prevention on one campus. A panel of board-certified vascular/thoracic surgeons, interventional cardiologists, interventional radiologists and specially trained nurses form our vascular team provide comprehensive care.
As the first hospital in North Texas to be designated as a Magnet facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in nursing care, Medical City is dedicated to the well being of our patients. That’s why our integrated team of physicians collaborate to diagnose each patient’s condition and determine the most effective treatment for that individual. By working together, our entire vascular team provides the best possible care in one convenient place.
We offer comprehensive care from a collaborative approach.
- Our specialists provide a truly multidisciplinary approach to vascular care to offer the best possible treatment.
- Our team meets all of our patients’ needs for peripheral vascular disease, endovascular services, diabetes management, wound care and stroke prevention in one convenient place.
- Medical City’s Vascular Lab, a state-of-the-art, completely digital facility, was one of the first in Dallas to be accredited for high quality patient care by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL).
- Medical City was the first hospital in North Texas to be designated as a Magnet facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in nursing care.