Advanced Heart and Vascular Treatment at Medical City Dallas
Medical City Heart offers the most comprehensive heart and vascular treatment in the entire Southwest, including:
- A full range of cardiothoracic surgical procedures.
Since 1985, we have performed cardiac surgery for more than 11,000 patients.
- Coronary artery bypass
We’re one of the first hospitals in the United States to perform beating-heart bypass surgery and we have extensive experience in complex coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) procedures.
- Aortic and mitral valve
Since 1986, we have performed more than 2,244 valve repairs and replacements. And since 2003, we’ve successfully completed 338 balloon aortic valvuloplasties (BAV).
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
The Dallas Valve Institute at Medical City is the only center in the Southwest participating in the breakthrough PARTNER clinical trial, which uses minimally invasive techniques to implant an aortic stent valve to treat critical aortic stenosis. And we’re the first center in the United States to perform the transapical procedure.
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm
We detect thoracic aortic disease earlier, enabling doctors to take a proactive approach to treatment.
- Minimally invasive lung and esophageal surgery
Medical City Heart is the first center in North Texas to offer these laparoscopic and thoracoscopic surgeries.
- Heart failure support devices
Since 1996, we’ve implanted 202 devices as both bridge and destination therapies. We’ve also participated in trials for the HeartMate II, DuraHeart, TandemHeart, Impella 2.5 and other left ventricular assist devices.
- Heart transplantation
Medical City Heart is the largest transplant facility in North Texas and consistently ranked in the top 15 nationally in heart transplant volumes. Our program outcomes significantly exceed UNOS benchmarks for patient survival rates and grafts.
- Medical City is the only hospital in North Texas with pediatric and adult heart specialists on one campus. These specialists are among the best in the nation and provide continuity of care for congenital heart patients of all ages. Adults with congenital heart conditions can transition seamlessly from pediatric congenital heart care at Medical City Children’s Hospital to adult congenital heart care at Medical City Dallas Hospital, in one convenient location.
Accreditations and Certifications
- Cigna Center of Excellence for Adult Heart Transplant
- Humana National Transplant Network for Adult Heart Transplant
- BCBS Blue Distinction for Cardiac Care
- BCBS Center of Distinction for Heart Transplant
- United Healthcare Center of Excellence for Adult Heart Transplant
- Aetna Institute of Quality for Heart Transplant
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories
- CMS Certification for Heart and Kidney Transplant
- COE for First Health National Transplant Program (Heart)
- Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC) Chest Pain Center with PCI
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL)
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACPR)
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) Accredited Hospital
- Disease Specific Certification in Ventricular Assist Device by The Joint Commission
- The Joint Commission Certification in Stroke (Primary Stroke Center)
- American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) award
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Accreditation for both Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Magnet recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care UnitedHealth Premium Cardiac Specialty Center
The ER at Medical City was also the first facility in Dallas to receive national accreditation from The Society of Chest Pain Centers for excellence in addressing, diagnosing and treating patients with chest pain.