Dr. Carlos Barcelo-De La Isla
Dr. Vasdev Rai
Dr. John Antonetti
Dr. Matthew Trovato
Frequency: Quarterly, 2nd Thursday, 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
March 15, 2012; June 21, 2012; September 20, 2012
Location: Pediatric Board Room
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of this one-hour presentation is to achieve continued improvement in patient care by providing a review of current developments in Plastic Surgery including craniofacial surgery. Overall goals are to provide a forum for the presentation of advances in new diagnoses and treatment modalities; to provide information on current public health problems and methods for their resolution; to integrate appropriate clinical methods in care/treatment; and to identify and present up-to-date research data in areas of need and interest to the physician audience.
Specific Objectives of Each Case Conferences:
- Review pre-surgical and post-surgical evaluations on difficult cases
- Discuss unexpected complications
- Discuss appropriate follow up information and outcome
- Review Morbidity and Mortality
- Discuss other interesting cases for evaluation and management of treatment plan
- Review and discuss current method of Plastic Surgery procedures and techniques
- Consult/provide a forum for advances in new treatment and surgical techniques
- Discuss changing trends in the community
The conferences will target Plastic Surgery Section physicians, including Craniofacial Surgery and other interested staff and community physicians.
Medical City Dallas Hospital is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical City Dallas Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.