Medical City Dallas to Place Last Beam on Women’s Hospital Construction
‘Topping Out’ ceremony celebrates end of structural phase construction
On Tuesday, July 18, Medical City Dallas physicians, staff, community members and other VIPs celebrated completion of the structural phase of construction for the new Women’s Hospital. The event featured tours and a ceremonial hoisting of the final construction beam.
The $125 million Women’s Hospital will add five floors to the top of Care Tower D and feature 222 private and peaceful patient rooms. World-class and innovative care from experienced specialists will also serve the complex needs of newborns, from delivery to intensive care.
Once the Women’s Hospital expansion is complete it will include:
- 24 modern labor and delivery rooms
- 4 new C-section operating rooms
- 84 Level IV (highest level) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) rooms
- 12 spacious women’s VIP suites
- 27 medical/surgical rooms
- 2 floors of physician offices for convenient access to specialists
Construction is expected to be complete in spring 2018.