Understanding What's on MyPlate
What's on MyPlate?
The Keys to a Healthy Diet
- Enjoy your food, but eat less.
- Stay away from oversized portions.
Eat More of These Foods
Eat Less of These Foods
- Eat less foods that are high in sodium. Choose foods that are low in sodium. To find out how much sodium is in the food, check the Nutrition Facts label.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
Canada's Food Guide http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/f
Dietitians of Canada http://www.dietitians.ca/
ChooseMyPlate.gov. United States Department of Agriculture. ChooseMyPlate website. Available at: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/. Updated June 14, 2011. Accessed June 15, 2011.
Severson K. Ideas and trends: the government’s pyramid scheme. The New York Times. April 24, 2005;4:14.
- Reviewer: Brian Randall, MD
- Review Date: 04/2011 -
- Update Date: 04/09/2012 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.