Diverse Foods Early in Life Associated with Lower Rates of Asthma and Food Allergies
About the Study
- Less food diversity at 3-4 months of age was not associated with increased risk of allergies or asthma
- Less food diversity at 6 months of age was associated with increased risk of allergic rhinitis
- Less food diversity at 12 months of age was associated with increased risk of asthma, atopic asthma, wheeze and allergic rhinitis
How Does this Affect You?
Nwaru B, et al. Food diversity in infancy and the risk of childhood asthma and allergies. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014 Apr;133(4):1084
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 04/2014 -
- Update Date: 04/29/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.