Studied Homeopathic Remedies
- Topical Combination Homeopathic Remedy containing Arnica montana, Calendula, Hamamelis, Aconite, Belladonna, Bellis perennis, Chamomilla, Echinacea angustifolia, Echinacea purperea, Millefolium, Hepar sulphuris calcareum, Mercurius solubilis, Symphytum, and Hypericum
- Oral Homeopathic Remedies : Arnica , and a combination of Arnica, Rhus toxicodendron, and Sarcolactic acid
- Traditional Homeopathic Remedies : Hypericum, Belladonna, Arnica, Symphyrum, and Rhus tox
Scientific Evaluations of Homeopathic Remedies for Sports-related Injuries
Topical Combination Homeopathic Treatments for Sports Injuries
Oral Homeopathic Remedies for Sports-related Muscle Soreness
Traditional Homeopathic Treatments for Sports-related Injuries
Other Natural Options
1 Zell J, Connert WD, Mau J, et al. Treatment of acute sprains of the ankle joint. Double-blind study assessing the effectiveness of a homeopathic ointment preparation. Fortschr Med . 1988;106:96–100.
2 Bohmer D, Ambrus P. Treatment of sports injuries with Traumeel ointment–controlled double-blind study [translated from German]. Biologische . 1992;21:260–268.
3 Vickers AJ, Fisher P, Smith C, et al. Homeopathic Arnica 30X is ineffective for muscle soreness after long-distance running: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Clin J Pain . 1998;14:227–231.
4 Tveiten D, Bruseth S, et al. Effects of Arnica 30D on hard physical exercise. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen . 1991;111:3630–3631.
5 Tveiten D, Bruset S, Borchgrevink CF, et al. Effects of the homoeopathic remedy Arnica D 30 on marathon runners: a randomized, double-blind study during the 1995 Oslo Marathon. Comp Ther Med . 1998:6:71–74.
6 Vickers AJ, Fisher P, et al. Homeopathy for delayed onset muscle soreness: a randomized double blind placebo controlled trial. Br J Sports Med . 1997;31:304–307.
- Reviewer: EBSCO CAM Review Board
- Review Date: 08/2013 -
- Update Date: 08/22/2013 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.