Studied Homeopathic Remedies
- Natrum muriaticum
Scientific Evaluations of Homeopathic Remedies for Migraine Headaches
Traditional Homeopathic Treatments for Migraine Headaches
- Your face looks flushed or blotchy
- The pain is worse from sleeping (during the day or night)
- The pain is sometimes worse from heat
- If you are a woman, the pain is worse before the menstrual period and better once the flow begins
Other Natural Options
1 Brigo B, Serpelloni G. Homeopathic treatment of migraines: a randomized double-blind controlled study of 60 cases. The Berlin Journal on Research in Homeopathy . 1991;1:98–106.
2 Straumsheim P, Borchgrevink C, Mowinckel P, et al. Homeopathic treatment of migraine: a double blind, placebo controlled trial of 68 patients. Br Homeopath J . 2000;89:4–7.
3 Whitmarsh TE, Coleston-Shields DM, Steiner TJ. Double-blind randomized placebo-controlled study of homeopathic prophylaxis of migraine. Cephalgia . 1997;17:600–604.
- Reviewer: EBSCO CAM Review Board
- Review Date: 09/2014 -
- Update Date: 09/18/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.