(Pheo; Adrenal Gland Tumor; Pheochromocytosis)
- Very high blood pressure
- Rapid heart beat or palpitations
- Excess sweating
- Severe headaches
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- Severe headaches
- Excessive sweating
- Fast heart rate ( tachycardia )
- Sensation of a panic attack
- Vision changes (blurred vision)
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation
- Pounding heart beat (palpitations)
- Chest pain
- Involuntary trembling (tremor)
- Pain in the lower chest or upper abdomen
- Warmth, flushing
- Increased appetite
- Weight loss
- High blood pressure (either sporadic or constant)
- Tingling, burning, or numbness in the legs and feet
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle weakness
- Unable to cope with high temperature
- Aggressive or unusual behavior
- 24-hour urine testing
- Blood testing
- Clonidine suppression test
American Cancer Society http://www.cancer.org/
National Cancer Institute http://www.cancer.gov
Canadian Cancer Society http://www.cancer.ca/
Altiner S, Dodell G, Abed J, Blackford L, Colt E. Pheochromocytoma-Induced Aggression? Endocr Pract . 2011;29:1-10.
Lenders JW, Eisenhofer G, Mannelli M, et al. Phaeochromocytoma. Lancet . 2005;366(9486):665-675.
Mittendorf EA, Evans DB, Lee JE, et al. Pheochromocytoma: advances in genetics, diagnosis, localization and treatment. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am . 2007;21:509-525.
Phoechromocytoma. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed. Updated December 18, 2012. Accessed January 2, 2013.
Widimsky J Jr. Recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of pheochromacytoma. Kidney Blood Res . 2006;29:321-326
- Reviewer: Brian Randall, MD
- Review Date: 01/2013 -
- Update Date: 01/02/2013 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.