Muscular Strength and Rates of Death in Men 20-80
About the Study
- 1.46 times greater risk for death
- 1.59 times greater risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- 1.24 times greater risk of death from cancer
How Does This Affect You?
American Academy of Family Physicians http://familydoctor.org/
American Council on Exercise http://www.acefitness.org/
Ruiz JR, Sui X, Lobelo F, et al. Association between muscular strength and mortality in men: prospective cohort study. BMJ . 2008 July 12; 337(7661):92–95.
- Reviewer: Larissa J. Lucas, MD
- Review Date: 08/2008 -
- Update Date: 08/11/2008 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.