Cancer InDepth: Uterine (Endometrial) Cancer
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- Stromal sarcomas, which develop in the stroma or connective tissue
- Carcinosarcomas or malignant mixed mesodermal tumors, which combine characteristics of endometrial cancer and sarcomas
- Leiomyosarcomas, which begin in the myometrium (muscle wall of the uterus)
Who Is Affected
Causes and Complications
Abeloff M. Clinical Oncology. 2nd ed. Orlando, FL: Churchill Livingstone, Inc; 2000: 1987-2008.
American Cancer Society website. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/ .
Bast R, Kufe D, Pollock R, et al, eds. Cancer Medicine. 5th ed. Hamilton, Ontario: BC Decker Inc; 2000.
National Cancer Institute website. Available at: http://www.nci.nih.gov/ .
Rakel R. Bope E, ed. Conn's Current Therapy. 54th ed. St. Louis, MO: WB Saunders; 2002: 1094-1096.
- Reviewer: Mohei Abouzied, MD
- Review Date: 12/2013 -
- Update Date: 01/13/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.