Radiation Therapy for Stomach Cancer
Type of Radiation Therapy Used for Stomach Cancer
- Skin may become dry, red, irritated, or appear sunburned
- Nausea, vomiting
- Eating smaller meals
- Eating more frequent meals
- Avoiding a high intake of fat at any given time
- Making sure that the calories you take in are as nutritious as possible
- Utilizing dietary supplements if you are having difficulty maintaining good nutrition
Cecil Textbook of Medicine. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders Company; 2002: 738-741.
Conn’s Current Therapy 2002. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders Company; 2002: 527-529.
Sleisenger and Fordtran’s Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders Company; 1998: 733-749.
What is stomach cancer? American Cancer Society website. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/ . Accessed December 2002.
What you need to know about stomach cancer. National Cancer Institute website. Available at http://www.cancer.gov/cancerinfo/wyntk/stomach . Accessed December 2002.
- Reviewer: Igor Puzanov, MD
- Review Date: 09/2013 -
- Update Date: 09/30/2013 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.