EBSCO Information Services' Editorial Policy
Nature of EBSCO Information Services Content
- Newswire reports
- Professional journals
- Government health agencies
- Academic departments
- National healthcare associations
- Top Tier Content—This content includes condition fact sheets, procedure facts sheets, and articles in the Centers of Excellence. This content is scheduled for full review within a 12-month period. Articles are updated if they have become outdated. These articles may be updated more frequently as a result of new studies that impact the patient information contained within the fact sheet format. Health Library leverages the systematic surveillance of literature process of other EBSCO Information Services point-of-care products to update the content.
- Middle Tier Content—This content includes wellness and therapeutic articles. This content is scheduled for full review within a 12- or 24-month period. Outdated articles are updated, rewritten, or removed from the collection.
- Historic/Timeless Content—This content includes current research in top journals, interviews, recipes, and more. This collection of articles is reviewed by medical professionals as part of the creation process. This content is not updated nor is it updated very frequently, as it reflects a historic/timeless content type (interviews, summaries of research, etc.), and therefore does not require a regular review/update.
Citation and Authoring
Healthy Living Centers/Wellness Centers, Journal Notes/Current Research from Top Journals, and Material Based on Clinical Experience or Scholarly Research
- Journal articles (must include journal name, article title, volume, date, and page)
- Medical books (must include book name, edition, publication date, and publisher)
- Affiliated associations or agencies (must include association name and URL)
Advertising and Sponsorship
Conflict of Interest
Claims of Therapeutic Benefit
- Reviewer: EBSCO Information Services Consumer Health Editorial Staff
- Review Date: 01/2014 -
- Update Date: 01/29/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.