- demeclocycline hydrochloride (Declomycin)
- doxycycline (Bio-Tab, Doryx, Doxy-Caps, Doxychel, Monodox, Periostat, Vibramycin, Vibra-Tabs)
- minocycline hydrochloride (Dynacin, Minocin, Vectrin),
- oxytetracycline hydrochloride (Terramycin, Uri-Tet),
- tetracycline hydrochloride (Achromycin V, Panmycin, Robitet, Sumycin, Teline, Tetracap, Tetracyn, Tetralan)
- and others
1 Drug evaluations subscription (section 13, chapter 5). Vol. II. Chicago: American Medical Association, Winter 1993.
2 Tatro D, ed. Drug interaction facts. St. Louis, MO: Facts and Comparisons, 1999: 1060, 1061, 1062, 1068, 1069, 1071.
3 Campbell NR and Hasinoff BB. Iron supplements: a common cause of drug interactions. Br J Clin Pharmacol 31(3): 251–255, 1991.
4 Neuvonen PJ. Interactions with the absorption of tetracyclines. Drugs 11: 45–54, 1976.
5 Tatro D, ed. Drug Interaction Facts. St. Louis, Mo: Facts and Comparisons; 1999.
- Reviewer: EBSCO CAM Review Board
- Review Date: 08/2013 -
- Update Date: 08/22/2013 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.