Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder
(Anankastic Personality Disorder)
- Family history of OCPD or OCD
- Background of harsh discipline
- Being the oldest child
- Perfectionism interfering with task completion
- Being frugal with money
- Overattention to detail
- Excessive devotion to work
- Inability to discard worn or useless items
- Extreme morality
- Inability to delegate tasks or share
- Stiff, formal, and/or rigid mannerisms
- Extreme preciseness and/or punctuality
Mental Health America http://www.nmha.org
National Institute of Mental Health http://www.nimh.nih.gov
Canadian Mental Health Association http://www.cmha.ca
Canadian Psychiatric Association http://www.cpa-apc.org
Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed. Updated May 23, 2014. Accessed August 21, 2014.
Obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD). International OCD Foundation website. Available at: http://www.ocfoundation.org/uploadedfiles/maincontent/find%5Fhelp/ocpd%20fact%20sheet.pdf. Accessed August 21, 2014.
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 08/2014 -
- Update Date: 09/30/2013 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.