Treatments for Menstrual Disorders
Menorrhagia (Heavy Bleeding)
- Eliminating the underlying cause of the heavy bleeding
- Reducing the heavy bleeding with medicines, surgical procedures, or other treatments
Amenorrhea (Lack of Menstruation)
- Identifying and treating underlying conditions
- Restoring hormonal imbalances
- Identifying lifestyle factors that may be causing the absence of a menstrual period
Abnormal uterine bleeding. FamilyDoctor.org website. Available at: http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/diseases-conditions/abnormal-uterine-bleeding.html . Updated August 2010. Accessed August 20, 2012.
Amenorrhea. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed/ . Updated January 21, 2011. Accessed August 20, 2012.
Amenorrhea. FamilyDoctor.org website. Available at: http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/diseases-conditions/amenorrhea.html . Updated August 2010. Accessed August 20, 2012.
Heavy menstrual bleeding. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed/ . Updated 25, 2012. Accessed August 20, 2012.
- Reviewer: Andrea Chisholm, MD
- Review Date: 09/2014 -
- Update Date: 09/17/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.