Conditions InDepth: Infertility in Women
|Female Reproductive Organs|
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- Menstrual cycle dysfunction—the most common cause of infertility in women due to failure to ovulate
- Problems with ovulation—something affects the development and release of an egg by the ovary
- Fallopian tube blockage—present from birth or may result from surgery, trauma, or infection in the pelvic area
- Endometriosis —results when tissue from the uterine lining is found outside the uterus
Diabetes and women. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists website. Available at: http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq142.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20121022T1326109439. Published August 2011. Accessed January 7, 2014.
Infertility. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed. Updated November 5, 2013. Accessed January 7, 2014.
- Reviewer: Andrea Chisholm, MD
- Review Date: 12/2014 -
- Update Date: 12/20/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.