Screening for Stroke
- Blood pressure measurements
- Blood tests to measure cholesterol and glucose levels
- Body weight checks, such as checking your body mass index (BMI) and waist circumference
- Questions about your lifestyle habits, such as eating, smoking, exercise, and alcohol use
Glymour M, Kosheleva A, Boden-Albala B. Birth and adult residence in the Stroke Belt independently predict stroke mortality. Neurology. 2009;73:1858-1865.
Stroke (acute management). EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed. Updated May 22, 2014. Accessed June 17, 2014.
- Reviewer: Rimas Lukas, MD
- Review Date: 12/2013 -
- Update Date: 00/61/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.