Treatments for Schizophrenia
- Possible hospitalization during severe episodes
- Medications to control psychosis and conditions that occur with it
- Psychosocial treatments to improve psychological, social, and occupational problems
- Education and support for families of people with schizophrenia
Schizophrenia. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us . Updated October 31, 2012. Accessed November 7, 2012.
Stern TA, et al. Massachusetts General Hospital Comprehensive Clinical Psychiatry . 1st ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby Elsevier; 2008.
What is schizophrenia? National Alliance on Mental Illness website. Available at: http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=schizophrenia9 . Accessed November 7, 2012.
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 03/2015 -
- Update Date: 03/15/2015 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.