Symptoms of Prostate Cancer
- Frequent urination, including the need to get up often during the night to urinate
- Hesitancy in starting the flow of urine or inability to urinate (urinary retention)
- Loss of force of the stream of urine
- Pain or discomfort while urinating
- Pain with ejaculation
- Blood in the urine or semen
- Back pain or bone pain that is new and unexplained by recent injury or increased activity
- Incontinence of bowel or bladder contents
Detailed guide: prostate cancer. American Cancer Society website. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/ . Accessed October 9, 2008.
Prostate cancer. National Cancer Institute website. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/prostate . Accessed October 9, 2008.
- Reviewer: Mohei Abouzied, MD
- Review Date: 09/2013 -
- Update Date: 09/30/2013 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.