Symptoms of Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
|Plaque Blocking an Artery|
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- Numbness of the legs or feet at rest
- Cold legs or feet
- Muscle pain in the thighs, calves, or feet
- Loss of hair on the lower extremities, especially the toes
- Slowed growth of toenails
- Change of color of the legs or feet
- Paleness or blueness (cyanosis) of the legs or feet
- Weak or absent pulse in the extremity
- Walking abnormalities
American Heart Association website. Available at: http://www.americanheart.org/ . Accessed August 14, 2008.
Braunwald E, Fauci AS, eds. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine . 16th ed. McGraw-Hill Professional; 2004.
Textbook of Clinical Neurology. 2nd ed. W.B. Saunders; 2003.
- Reviewer: Michael J. Fucci, DO
- Review Date: 09/2012 -
- Update Date: 00/92/2012 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.