Reducing Your Risk of Ovarian Cancer
- Women with a first degree relative with ovarian or breast cancer
- Women who have had breast cancer before age 40
- Women who test positive for a genetic mutation (BRCA1 or BRCA2)
- Have an annual health checkup with a pelvic exam
- Maintain a healthy weight so the doctor can easily feel your ovaries
Kasper DL, Harrison TR. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 14th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 1998.
Ovarian cancer. National Cancer Institute website. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/ovarian/ . Accessed April 8, 2009.
- Reviewer: Igor Puzanov, MD
- Review Date: 09/2012 -
- Update Date: 09/11/2012 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.