Treatments for Osteoarthritis
- Controlling pain
- Improving mobility and joint use
- Minimizing disability, returning normal function
- Slowing the progression of osteoarthritis
- Protecting other joints from developing osteoarthritis
Arthritis Foundation website. Available at: http://www.arthritis.org/ .
Conn’s Current Therapy . 54th ed. W.B. Saunders Company; 2002.
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases website. Available at: http://www.niams.nih.gov/ .
Manek NJ, Lane NE. Osteoarthritis: current concepts in diagnosis and management. American Family Physician . 2000;61(6). Available at: http://www.aafp.org/afp/2000/0315/p1795.html .
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 05/2014 -
- Update Date: 05/07/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.