Reducing Your Risk of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma
Avoid Repeated Exposure to Certain Chemicals
Avoid Exposure to Radiation
Avoid Exposure to HIV
Take precautions when engaging in sexual activity:
- Abstain from sex or have only monogamous sex with a person who is not infected with HIV.
- Use latex condoms and water-based lubricants.
- Use a female polyurethane condom.
- Limit your number of sexual partners.
- Avoid sexual partners who are HIV-positive or use injected drugs.
- Do not share hypodermic needles with anyone.
Control Auto-immune Diseases
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society website. Available at: http://www.lls.org/#/diseaseinformation/lymphoma/nonhodgkinlymphoma . Updated March 15, 2012. Accessed April 30, 2013.
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us . Updated April 29, 2013. Accessed April 30, 2013.
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. National Cancer Institute website. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/non-hodgkin . Accessed April 30, 2013.
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.