Risk Factors for Lyme Disease
- The northeastern and mid-Atlantic region: Maine to Maryland
- The upper north-central region: Minnesota and Wisconsin
- The northwest: northwestern California and Oregon
- Northeast and north-central US—Increased risk is between April and November, with the peak occurring in July.
- Southern US—Ticks are active year-round.
- Other areas can be variable, based on the temperature.
American Lyme Disease Foundation website. Available at: http://www.aldf.com.
Griffith's 5-Minute Clinical Consult. 10th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2001.
Lyme Disease Foundation website. Available at: http://www.lyme.org.
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases website. Available at: http://www3.niaid.nih.gov.
- Reviewer: David L Horn, MD, FACP
- Review Date: 12/2013 -
- Update Date: 01/13/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.