Symptoms of Lipid Disorders
- Fatty deposits in the skin or tendons caused by very high levels of lipids in the blood
- Pain, enlargement, or swelling (inflammation) of abdominal organs such as the liver or pancreas due to extremely high levels of triglycerides in the blood
- Changes in the blood vessels of the eye caused by elevated lipids
- Cholesterol deposits around the cornea of the eye.
Hypercholesterolemia. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us . Updated September 9, 2012. Accessed September 12, 2012.
Symptoms, diagnosis, and monitoring of high cholesterol. American Heart Association website. Available at: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/SymptomsDiagnosisMonitoringofHighCholesterol/Symptoms-Diagnosis-and-Monitoring-of-High-Cholesterol%5FUCM%5F001214%5FArticle.jsp . Accessed September 12, 2012.
What is cholesterol? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute website. Available at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hbc . Accessed September 12, 2012.
- Reviewer: Brian Randall, MD
- Review Date: 10/2012 -
- Update Date: 03/18/2013 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.