Symptoms of Leukemia
- Fever, chills
- Flu-like symptoms
- Minor cuts that heal slowly and the area around the cut may become red and swollen
- Excessive reactions to insect bites
- Weakness and fatigue
- Pale skin
- Bleeding or bruising easily
- Bleeding gums
- Tiny red spots under the skin
- Swollen, tender lymph nodes, liver, or spleen
- Puffy gums
- Weight loss
- Bone or joint pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the testicles
- Loss of muscle control
- Symptoms of a stroke
American Cancer Society website. Available at: http://www.cancer.org.
Cecil Textbook of Medicine . 21st ed. W.B. Saunders Company; 2000.
Conn's Current Therapy 2001 . 53rd ed. W.B. Saunders Company; 2001.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society website. Available at: http://www.lls.org.
National Cancer Institute website. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov.
Textbook of Primary Care Medicine . 3rd ed. Mosby, Inc.; 2001.
- Reviewer: Mohei Abouzied, MD, FACP
- Review Date: 12/2013 -
- Update Date: 01/13/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.