Chemotherapy for Leukemia
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Hair loss
- Esophagitis (irritation of the swallowing tube)
- Induction—to bring about a remission
- Consolidation—to kill any leukemia cells still in the body and reduce the chances of the cancer coming back
American Cancer Society website. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/home/index.asp.
American Lung Association website. Available at: http://www.lungusa.org.
National Cancer Institute website. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov.
- Reviewer: Mohei Abouzied, MD, FACP
- Review Date: 12/2013 -
- Update Date: 01/13/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.