Lifestyle Changes to Manage Hodgkins Disease
- Balance rest and activities.
- Avoid exposure to bacteria and viruses:
- Eat a healthy diet . Good nutrition can help your body to handle treatment and can help you to feel better.
- Seek support from friends and family, and/or join a support group . Social support is essential for helping you to deal with the emotional toll of cancer.
Hodgkin disease. American Cancer Society website. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/cancer/hodgkindisease/index . Accessed April 30, 2013.
Hodgkin disease. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us . Updated March 8, 2013. Accessed April 30, 2013.
Hodgkin lymphoma. National Cancer Institute website. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/hodgkin . Accessed April 30, 2013.
- Reviewer: Mohei Abouzied, MD, FACP
- Review Date: 03/2015 -
- Update Date: 03/15/2015 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.