Screening for Heart Attack
- Blood pressure measurements
- Blood tests to measure cholesterol and glucose levels
- Body weight checks, such as checking your body mass index (BMI) and waist circumference
- Questions about your lifestyle habits, such as eating, smoking, exercise, and alcohol use
Heart-health screenings. American Heart Association website. Available at: http://www.heart.org/idc/groups/heart-public/@wcm/@hcm/documents/downloadable/ucm%5F428691.pdf. Updated October 15, 2013. Accessed April 16, 2014.
Metabolic syndrome. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed. Updated March 29, 2014. Accessed April 16, 2014.
- Reviewer: Michael J. Fucci, DO, FACC
- Review Date: 03/2015 -
- Update Date: 03/15/2015 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.