Lifestyle Changes to Manage End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Make Changes to Your Daily Diet
- Check with Your Doctor Before Taking Drugs or Over-the-Counter Supplements
- Take Medications as Ordered to Control Blood Sugar and Blood Pressure
- Manage Emotional Issues with Support and Counseling
Chronic kidney disease. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed. Updated April 22, 2013. Accessed July 2, 2013.
End-stage renal disease. National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases website. Available at: http://www2.niddk.nih.gov/Research/ScientificAreas/Kidney/KEB.htm. Updated September 15, 2010. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Reviewer: Adrienne Carmack, MD; Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 07/2013 -
- Update Date: 05/11/2013 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.