|Serving Size||1 slice lasagna (1 cup)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Medium onion, sliced||1|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Large tomato, slice very thin||1|
|Canned, crushed tomatoes||1 cup|
|Dried basil||1½ teaspoons|
|Dried oregano||1½ teaspoons|
|Salt (optional)||¼ teaspoon|
|Medium eggplant, sliced very thin||1|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||8 ounces|
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to an 8 x 8 or 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the crushed tomato, basil, oregano, and salt, and cook gently over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Spread a layer of this mixture over the onion layer.
- Add a layer of eggplant and follow with a layer of tomato.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over top.
- Repeat layers of eggplant, tomato, and cheese until you use all ingredients. Finish with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes, or until layer of cheese is light brown.
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.