Other Treatments for Epilepsy
For Managing Epileptic Seizures
When to Contact Your Doctor
- Experience any unusual or severe symptoms or side effects
- Do not suffer any recurrence of epileptic seizures (Your treatment may be lessened or stopped.)
- Do not experience any decrease in epileptic seizures
American Academy of Family Physicians website. Available at: http://www.aafp.org/online/en/home.html .
Berkow R. The Merck Manual of Medical Information . 17th ed. New York, NY: Simon and Schuster; 2000.
Epilepsy Foundation website. Available at: http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/ .
Jobst BC. Electrical stimulation in epilepsy: vagus nerve and brain stimulation. Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2010;12:443-453.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke website. Available at: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/ .
- Reviewer: Rimas Lukas, MD
- Review Date: 03/2013 -
- Update Date: 03/15/2013 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.