Risk Factors for Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis)
- Skin irritants, including wool or synthetic clothing, soaps or detergents, cosmetics or perfumes, dust/sand, chemical solvents, chlorine
- Extremes in temperate or climate (cold or hot temperatures or dry air or extremely humid air)
- Lack of moisturizing after bathing
- Plant pollen
- Animal dander
- Household dust mites
- Certain foods
Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 15th ed. McGraw-Hill; 2001.
National Eczema Association website. Available at: http://www.nationaleczema.org.
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 11/2013 -
- Update Date: 09/11/2012 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.