Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tingling, burning, or numbness, especially in your thumb and index or middle fingers
Pain or numbness that worsens with:
- Wrist, hand, or finger movement
- Sleep (symptoms may wake you)
Hand stiffness or cramping that gets better after:
- Shaking the hand
- Waking up in the morning
Weakness or clumsiness of your hand
- Loss of grip strength
- Difficulty touching your little finger with your thumb
- Frequently dropping things
- Pain extending up your arm
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons website. Available at: http://www.aaos.org .
Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research website. Available at: http://www.mayo.edu .
- Reviewer: Teresa Briedwell, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
- Review Date: 09/2014 -
- Update Date: 09/17/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.