Risk Factors for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Raynaud's disease , which impairs blood flow in the hands
Water retention from:
- Heart failure
- Kidney problems
- Hormone-related conditions
- Birth control pills
- Cortisone pills or shots
- Some high blood pressure drugs
- Tumors and cysts in the carpal tunnel
Carpal tunnel syndrome. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us . Updated October 8, 2012. Accessed October 23 ,2012.
Katz RT. Carpal tunnel syndrome: a practical review. Am Fam Physician . 1994;49:1371-1379, 1385-1386.
- Reviewer: Teresa Briedwell, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
- Review Date: 09/2014 -
- Update Date: 09/17/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.