Carpal Tunnel Injection
|Carpal Tunnel Syndrome|
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
Reasons for Procedure
- No improvement in symptoms
What to Expect
Prior to Procedure
Description of the Procedure
How Long Will It Take?
Will It Hurt?
- Take over-the-counter pain medication.
- Avoid strenuous activity involving the joint for 48 hours.
- Follow your doctor's instructions.
Call Your Doctor
- Signs of infection, including fever and chills
- Redness, swelling, increasing pain, excessive bleeding, or any discharge from the incision site
- Pain that you cannot control with the medications you have been given
American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons http://orthoinfo.aaos.org
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke http://www.ninds.nih.gov
The Arthritis Society of Canada http://www.arthritis.ca
The College of Family Physicians of Canada http://www.cfpc.ca
Carpal tunnel steroid injection. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed. Updated February 8, 2014. Accessed September 9, 2014.
Carpal tunnel syndrome fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke website. Available at: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/carpal%5Ftunnel/detail%5Fcarpal%5Ftunnel.htm. Updated September 5, 2014. Accessed September 9, 2014.
Cardone DA, Tallia AF. Joint and soft tissue injection. Am Fam Physician. 2002 Jul 15;66(2):283-289. Available at: http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/drugs-procedures-devices/procedures-devices/joint-and-soft-tissue-injections.html . Accessed September 9, 2014.
- Reviewer: Teresa Briedwell, DPT, OCS
- Review Date: 08/2014 -
- Update Date: 09/09/2014 -
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.