Adult Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Slow growing lymphomas, also known as indolent lymphomas
- Aggressive lymphomas
- Highly aggressive lymphomas
|The Lymphatic System|
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- Sex: male
- Age: 60 to 70 years old
- Frequent and accumulating exposure to certain types of chemicals, such as herbicides, pesticides, benzene, and chlorinated organic solvents
- Infections involving the immune system, such as HIV/AIDS and Epstein-Barr virus
- History of chemotherapy , radiation therapy , or immunosupressive therapy
- Chromosomal translocations, which occur when DNA breaks off one chromosome and becomes attached to another
- A parent who has had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, especially if they had it at an early age
- Celiac disease —gluten enteropathy or gluten intolerance
- Chronic infections, such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and Sjogren's syndrome
- Painless swelling of the neck, underarm, groin, or any other lymph node-bearing regions of the body
- Unexplained fever
- Profuse sweating
- Constant fatigue
- Unexplained weight loss
- Itchy skin, especially on the legs and feet
- Red patches on the skin
- Chest pain or shortness of breath
- Excisional or incisional biopsy
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Spinal tap
- Flow cytometry
- Cytogenetics and/or molecular genetic studies
- Blood tests
External Radiation Therapy
Bone Marrow Transplantation
Peripheral Stem Cell Transplantation
American Cancer Society http://www.cancer.org
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society http://www.lls.org
National Cancer Institute http://www.cancer.gov
Canadian Cancer Society http://www.cancer.ca
Lymphoma Foundation Canada http://www.lymphoma.ca
Detailed guide: lymphoma, non-Hodgkin’s type. American Cancer Society website. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/cancer/non-hodgkinlymphoma/index . Accessed April 4, 2013.
Kasper DL, et al, eds. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine . 16th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2005.
Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. National Cancer Institute website. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/non-hodgkin . Accessed April 4, 2013.
2/5/2013 DynaMed's Systematic Literature Surveillance https://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us : Kharazmi E, Fallah M, Sundquist K, et al. Familial risk of early and late onset cancer: nationwide prospective cohort study. BMJ . 2012;345:e8076.
7/7/2014 DynaMed's Systematic Literature Surveillance http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed: Liang Y, Yang Z, et al. Primary Sjogren's syndrome and malignancy risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2014 Jun;73(6):1151-1156.
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.