Nuclear Medicine - Hemangioma
What is Hemangioma?
A liver hemangioma scan is a diagnostic exam used to evaluate the liver for Hemangioma. A small radioactive dose will be tagged to your blood during the scan.
- Abnormal lesion seen under CAT scan or Ultrasound
- No barium exams prior to exam
- You will be in the department for an hour to two hours
- 3cc of blood will be withdrawn from a hep-loc for tagging
- 15-20 minutes your blood will be re-injected for images
- Multiple images will be taken every 15 minutes for 1 hour
- A SPECT image will follow, taking 20-30 minutes