Women's Services at Medical City Dallas
Medical City Dallas Women's Services is uniquely equipped to handle the distinct medical needs of women at all stages of life, from family planning to delivering babies, gynecological care to breast cancer treatment, and menopause management to osteoporosis solutions. More than answers, we offer compassion and excellent care.
With a dedicated pediatric hospital on the very same campus, Medical City is the only hospital in North Texas where a mother facing a high-risk pregnancy can deliver her baby in the same facility that can treat and attend to all the critical needs of both mom and baby.
Exceptional Maternal Care
- We were the first hospital in North Texas to be recognized as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in nursing care
- We offer a Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by board-certified neonatologists
- Physicians are onsite 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide complete anesthesia care in Labor and Delivery
- Our board-certified perinatologists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to consult on high-risk pregnancies
- We created the first North Texas donor site for Texas Cord Blood Bank
At Medical City, specialized nurses and educators teach our parent education classes to guide expectant moms and dads through the various physical and emotional experiences that accompany childbirth. Classes include preparation for childbirth for first-time parents, Cesarean section, breastfeeding, pre-natal yoga, daddy 411 and more. Contact parent education at (972) 566-7153, or email Delonda Montgomery.
OB Emergency Department
The Medical City OB Emergency department provides care for OB emergency medical conditions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on an urgent basis without requiring a previously scheduled appointment. The OBED is always staffed by OB hospitalists to provide immediate care for a medical emergency or labor.