Robotically-Assisted Sleeve Gastrectomy at Medical City Dallas
You can choose to have a sleeve gastrectomy, also known as sleeve surgery, performed with the da Vinci® Surgical System. This is a minimally invasive option for your weight loss surgery. The robotically-assisted gastric sleeve allows your doctor to perform the surgery using only a few small incisions with enhanced vision, precision and control. Like the laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, the procedure limits the amount of food you can eat by reducing the size of your stomach.
- Less pain
- Low rate of complications
- Low rate of wound infection
- Shorter hospital stay
- Lower risk of needing follow-up surgery
- Less scarring
- Gastroesophageal reflux can be an occasional problem after this surgery
- This procedure is not reversible.