Advanced Joint Care at Medical City Dallas
Medical City Dallas is the place for bone, muscle and joint care in North Texas. We have a comprehensive and nationally renowned team of physicians and orthopedic surgeons who are committed to providing the most advanced treatment and therapy for everything from fractures to total joint replacements. You can turn to our comprehensive team of orthopedic specialists to help you get moving again. We offer quality comprehensive orthopedic care in the areas of:
- Foot and ankle
- Hand and upper extremity
- Total joint replacement, or hip and knee
- Orthopedic oncology
- Sports medicine
Fewer Scars. Faster Recovery.
Medical City Dallas is committed to providing minimally invasive orthopedic surgery options for patients. Minimally invasive procedures offer an exciting alternative to conventional surgery. Our orthopedic surgeons use state-of-the-art technology that in many cases results in both shorter hospital stays and recovery times which means you get the best treatment possible and back into the activities that matter most. These procedures have been proven to provide outcomes equal to those of conventional surgery and offer many significant benefits:
- Quicker recovery time—Your body can heal faster, thanks to the smaller incisions used for the surgery.
- Reduced pain—These procedures affect less of the tissue and muscle around the joint, so pain is often minimized.
- Less scarring— Smaller incisions leave behind smaller scars. In fact, most of our patients don’t even notice them after the incisions heal.
Getting You Ready for Orthopedic Surgery
Free peri-operative classes are available through The Joint Clinic for all total hip replacement and knee replacement patients so you can learn about your surgery and hospital stay.
- The first three Wednesdays of the month at 10:00am, and 6:00pm on the last Wednesday of the month to accommodate the working individual. Classes are held in the E building Classroom #1.
- To register, call (972) 566-4514 and leave your name, surgery date, surgeon's name and the date of the class you would like to attend.
- If you are unable to attend the class, check out this short video about your total joint replacement stay here at Medical City.
Taking Care of You After Your Orthopedic Surgery
Pain management is of utmost importance. Our orthopedic and joint replacement programs closely monitor your comfort levels, while encouraging therapy to ensure a faster recovery.
Medical City Dallas also assists our doctors in monitoring and preventing deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a known complication of surgery, along with other post-surgery complications. We also encourage pre-printed orders to help assist with each surgeon's plan for his or her patient. Lastly, we depend on immediate feedback from patients so we can maintain the high standard of care that we know you expect from us.