- All Services
- Bariatric Surgery
- Brain and Spine
- Center for Rehabilitation
- Emergency Services
- Family Care
- Heart and Vascular
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Orthopedic Care
- Other Specialties
- Robotic Surgery
- Women's Services
Comprehensive, advanced joint care. Medical City is the place for bone, muscle and joint care in North Texas. We have a comprehensive and nationally renowned team of physicians who are committed to providing the most advanced treatment and therapy for everything from fractures to total joint replacements. You can turn to our comprehensive team of orthopedic specialists to help you get moving again. We offer quality comprehensive orthopedic care in the areas of:
- Foot and ankle
- Hand and upper extremity
- Total joint replacement, or hip and knee
- Orthopedic oncology
- Sports medicine
Fewer scars. Faster recovery. Medical City is committed to providing minimally invasive surgery options for patients. Minimally invasive procedures offer an exciting alternative to conventional surgery. Our specialists use state-of-the-art technology that in many cases results in both shorter hospital stays and recovery times which means you get the best treatment possible and back into the activities that matter most. These procedures have been proven to provide outcomes equal to those of conventional surgery and offer many significant benefits:
- Quicker recovery time—Your body can heal faster, thanks to the smaller incisions used for the surgery.
- Reduced pain—These procedures affect less of the tissue and muscle around the joint, so pain is often minimized.
- Less scarring— Smaller incisions leave behind smaller scars. In fact, most of our patients don’t even notice them after the incisions heal.
Getting you ready for surgery. Free classes are available for all total hip and knee replacement patients so you can learn about your surgery and hospital stay.
- Every Wednesday at 10 am, except for the last Wednesday of each month. The Joint Clinic Pre-Operative Class is held at 6pm the last Wednesday each month to accommodate the working individual. Classes are held in the E building Classroom #1.
- To register, call 972-566-4514 and leave your name, surgery date, surgeon's name and the date of the class you would like to attend.
- If you are unable to attend the class, check out this short video about your total joint replacement stay here at Medical City.
Taking care of you after surgery. Pain management is of utmost importance. Our program also closely monitors your comfort levels, while encouraging therapy to ensure a faster recovery.
Medical City also assists our doctors in monitoring and preventing deep venous thrombosis (DVT), a known complication of surgery, along with other post-surgery complications. We also encourage pre-printed orders to help assist with each surgeon's plan for his or her patient. Lastly, we depend on immediate feedback from patients so we can maintain the high standard of care that we know you expect from us.
Related Health Content
September 1, 2014
In osteoarthritis, the cartilage in joints has become damaged, disrupting the smooth gliding motion of the joint surfaces. The result is pain, swelling, and deformity. The pain of osteoarthritis typically increases with joint use and improves at rest. For reasons that aren't clear, although x-rays ...
Conditions and Diseases -- Skeletal and Muscular Systems
November 1, 2013
February 1, 2014
May 1, 2014
Tenolysis is surgery to release a tendon affected by adhesions. A tendon is a type of tissue that connects muscle to bone. An adhesion happens when scar tissue forms and binds tendons to surrounding tissue. This can make it difficult for the affected body part to work correctly. For example, adhesio ...
Surgical Procedures for Osteoarthritis