- All Services
- Bariatric Surgery
- Brain and Spine
- Center for Rehabilitation
- Emergency Services
- Family Care
- Heart and Vascular
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Orthopedic Care
- Other Specialties
- Robotic Surgery
- Women's Services
The Right Place to Start Your Weight Loss Journey
The Comprehensive Care Center for Weight Loss at Medical City is a Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program Center of Excellence. It offers the most experienced bariatric physicians in Dallas, the full range of surgical options, a life-long commitment to your post-surgical needs and the comfort of having a hospital of specialists standing by should any complications arise.
As a MBSAQIP Accredited Center of Excellence, Medical City has:
- An Institutional Commitment to Excellence
- Highest Quality Nursing Care
- Bariatric-friendly Equipment
- Experienced, Well-Trained Bariatric Surgeons
- Designated Medical Director and Surgical Director
- Consultants and Critical Care Support
- Patient Support Groups
- Multidisciplinary Team Approach
- Lifelong Medical Surveillance
Medical City is also a Center of Excellence for BCBS, Aetna, and OptumHealth.
Which Procedures are Available at Medical City?
Our bariatric surgeons at Medical City perform:
- Laparoscopic Gastric Banding / Revision / Removal
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Robotically-Assisted Sleeve Gastrectomy
Patients Get Great Results
Steve Cotton weighed in at 334 pounds before he had bariatric surgery at Medical City Hospital Dallas in October 2011. “It gave me a tool I never had before, and it has allowed me to reverse the aging and weight gain problems,” Steve said.
At 33-years-old, Melissa Sillavan was 90 pounds overweight and pre-diabetic with high blood pressure, high cholesterol. The mother of two teenagers was told if she didn’t get her blood pressure under control, she could have a stroke. “I feel better. I have more energy,” Sillavan said. “I’m able to do more things with my kids.”
Are You A Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
Most insurance companies base their criteria on the following NIH Guidelines:
- BMI of 40 or greater
- BMI of 35-40 with significant co-morbidity (such as diabetes, hypertension, obstructive sleep apnea, etc.)
- Documented dietary attempts ineffective
For More Information
Call Heather Hunt, Bariatric Coordinator at 972-566-6749. Or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will Your Insurance Cover Bariatric Surgery?
- Insurance benefits and criteria for weight loss surgery vary greatly by plan and by employer. Medical City’s Financial Advisors would be happy to discuss your specific case with you. To reach one of them, call 972-566-8342 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or visit Medical City’s Admission Office located in Building A on the first floor.
- Insurance Information
- Other Financial Considerations: Self-Pay Pricing