Medical City Heart offers the most comprehensive heart and vascular treatment in the entire Southwest, including:
- A full range of cardiothoracic surgical procedures.
Since 1985, we have performed cardiac surgery for more than 11,000 patients.
- Coronary artery bypass
We’re one of the first hospitals in the United States to perform beating-heart bypass surgery and we have extensive experience in complex coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) procedures.
- Aortic and mitral valve
Since 1986, we have performed more than 2,244 valve repairs and replacements. And since 2003, we’ve successfully completed 338 balloon aortic valvuloplasties (BAV).
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
The Dallas Valve Institute at Medical City is the only center in the Southwest participating in the breakthrough PARTNER clinical trial, which uses minimally invasive techniques to implant an aortic stent valve to treat critical aortic stenosis. And we’re the first center in the United States to perform the transapical procedure.
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm
We detect thoracic aortic disease earlier, enabling doctors to take a proactive approach to treatment.
- Minimally invasive lung and esophageal surgery
Medical City Heart is the first center in North Texas to offer these laparoscopic and thoracoscopic surgeries.
- Heart failure support devices
Since 1996, we’ve implanted 202 devices as both bridge and destination therapies. We’ve also participated in trials for the HeartMate II, DuraHeart, TandemHeart, Impella 2.5 and other left ventricular assist devices.
- Heart transplantation
Medical City Heart is the largest transplant facility in North Texas and consistently ranked in the top 15 nationally in heart transplant volumes. Our program outcomes significantly exceed UNOS benchmarks for patient survival rates and grafts.
Accreditations and Certifications
- Cigna Center of Excellence for Adult Heart Transplant
- Humana National Transplant Network for Adult Heart Transplant
- BCBS Blue Distinction for Cardiac Care
- BCBS Center of Distinction for Heart Transplant
- United Healthcare Center of Excellence for Adult Heart Transplant
- Aetna Institute of Quality for Heart Transplant
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories
- CMS Certification for Heart and Kidney Transplant
- COE for First Health National Transplant Program (Heart)
- Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC) Chest Pain Center with PCI
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL)
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACPR)
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) Accredited Hospital
- Disease Specific Certification in Ventricular Assist Device by The Joint Commission
- The Joint Commission Certification in Stroke (Primary Stroke Center)
- American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) award
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Accreditation for both Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Magnet recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care UnitedHealth Premium Cardiac Specialty Center
The ER at Medical City was also the first facility in Dallas to receive national accreditation from The Society of Chest Pain Centers for excellence in addressing, diagnosing and treating patients with chest pain.
Related Health Content
Risk Factors for Heart Failure
September 1, 2014
Diagnosis of Heart Failure
September 1, 2014
Heart Block -- Adult
December 1, 2014
The heart is made up of 4 chambers. The 2 upper chambers are the atria and the 2 lower chambers are the ventricles. The sinoatrial (SA) node, located near the top of the right atrium, produces electrical signals that are sent to the atrioventricular (AV) node. The AV node then sends the signals to t ...
September 1, 2013
A heart murmur is a sound made by turbulent blood flow in the heart. It sounds like whooshing or swishing with each heartbeat. Some adults and many children have incidental heart murmurs that are benign (harmless) and are not caused by abnormalities in the heart. However, some heart murmurs can sign ...
Surgical Procedures for Heart Failure
September 1, 2014