Heart Transplant Surgical Director at Medical City Dallas
Todd Dewey, MD, is the Surgical Director of Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Transplant and Mechanical Assist Device at Medical City Dallas. Dr. Dewey’s care philosophy is to deliver compassionate world-class care to patients by providing access to innovative therapies and state of the art techniques.
Dr. Dewey is a graduate of Baylor University and received his medical degree from Texas Tech Health Science Center School of Medicine. He completed his general surgery residency in Dallas at UT Southwestern School of Medicine and Parkland Memorial Hospital. He then completed his cardiothoracic surgery training at The New York Hospital / Cornell Medical Center in New York City. After finishing the Cornell program, he completed further training in cardiac transplantation and mechanical assist devices with Dr. Mehmet Oz at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center. Prior to returning to Texas, Dr. Dewey served as a cardiothoracic surgical faculty member at Columbia University in New York City.
Dr. Dewey has been honored by D Magazine as one of Dallas’s best doctors every year since 2009. Dr. Dewey is the author of more than 60 peer-reviewed articles and multiple textbook chapters and is a noted lecturer both nationally and internationally.
- M.D., Texas Tech Health Science Center School of Medicine, Lubbock, Texas
- Residency (General Surgery), UT Southwestern School of Medicine, Dallas, Texas
- Residency (General Surgery), Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas Texas
- Fellowship (Cardiothoracic Surgery), The New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center, New York City, New York
- American Board of Surgery (General Surgery)
- American Board of Surgery (Thoracic & Cardiac Surgery)
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Southern Thoracic Surgical Association
- International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation